Topics Included in the Agenda:
- Bankruptcy 101 – A free pre-forum educational opportunity
- Article 9 Update – Focus on what’s new and what’s coming
- Automated Dashboards & Best Practices in Measurements and Performance Metrics
- CECL Update – Is there an impact to trade credit?
- Federal Reserve Economic Update
- Fraud – Tools and data use in dealing with and mitigating various types of fraud
- International Credit Developments: The Cross Border Front – Contracts & enforcement of bankruptcy judgements
- Secured Filings Update – Process, procedures, legalities and more
- Bipartisan 2020 Election Discussion – Former congressional members, courtesy of Arent Fox
A Collegial Networking Event and Cocktail Reception – No Vendors Please
WHAT: Please join CRF, Arent Fox LLP and fellow women risk management professionals for cocktails, light hors d’oeuvres, and the
chance to mingle and network with your peers.
WHEN: Sunday, October 13, 2019 — 5:00 to 6:00 PM
WHERE: Gaylord National Harbor
WHY: A great opportunity for women practitioners to network and share knowledge and experiences with other program participants
in a collegial setting.
HOW: Please RSVP for this event by simply sending an email to Angela McDonald: AngelaM@crfonline.org
Monday Morning User Group Meetings **Advanced Registration Required!**
These complimentary sessions are ONLY for Credit and Risk Management Practitioners who are registered for the Forum – NO VENDORS PLEASE!
Special Education Session
Monday, October 14, 8:30 am – 10:30 am – Registration Required
Designed to refresh and enhance an individual’s working knowledge of US Bankruptcy Law from concept to processes; from issues to opportunities and from the perspective of what is transpiring in today’s environment. Bring your team, the individual that has responsibility for the legal proceedings or simply come for a refresher. This complimentary session is being offered courtesy of Lowenstein Sandler LLP.
Please email Angela McDonald to register for this session.
Billtrust User Group Meeting
Monday, October 14, 8:00 am – 9:30 am
Join us for breakfast at the Billtrust User Group session where we will have a discussion around key strategies to address challenges AR is facing with their AP counterparts.
During the meeting we will cover the following topics:
- Best practices for credit card processing including Virtual Cards
- Integrations with third-party portals for invoicing (AribaPay, AvidXchange, etc.)
- Upcoming Billtrust Payment enhancements
- Upcoming enhancements to Billtrust’s Credit network and online credit app
Leading the discussion is Billtrust Solutions Consultant, Ralph Swackhammer, Billtrust SVP of Sales, Mitch Rose and Billtrust VP and Strategic Account Executive, Dan Nies.
If interested in joining please CLICK HERE to register.
Dun & Bradstreet User Group Meeting: “Automating Through Analytics-Driven Decisioning”
Monday, October 14, 8:00 am – 9:30 am | Snacks/Refreshments Provided – Registration Required
Please join Dun & Bradstreet on Monday, October 14 from 8:00am – 9:30am ET for a complimentary breakfast user group event about optimizing your credit department to meet the needs of a modern finance organization.
Access to plentiful data and the technical capacity to store and evaluate it has created a huge opportunity for the modern finance team to optimize processes through the use of analytics-driven decisioning. In addition to your data insights, an analytics-driven decisioning leverages data science and advanced technologies to prescribe solutions to specific business questions, more predictively and faster.
During this session, we will discuss customized analytic models Dun & Bradstreet has available to help you optimize your organizational efficiencies, including:
- Automating onboarding and profitable approval decisions
- Enhancing your credit policy to maximize growth opportunities
- Protecting cash flow with collections prioritization segmentation
- Additionally, we will discuss loss forecasting that is CECL-informed and incorporates stress testing.
All are welcome to attend this session, even if you didn’t attend the previous sessions. No vendors please. For more information or to register please contact Lenore Schaefer at SchaeferL@DNB.com.
FIS User Group Meeting: Modernize your Credit-to-Cash process – A technology session featuring GETPAID
Monday, October 14, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm | Snacks/Refreshments Provided – Registration Required
Open to all CRF attendees (No vendors allowed) – Everyone is being asked to do more with less. Do you need to find ways to:
- Improve DSO
- Reduce overdue A/R
- Reduce operational expense
- Mitigate risk within your portfolio
Join us for a demo of how FIS’ GETPAID can help you modernize your credit-to-cash process and achieve the results you have been searching for. We will have snacks and refreshments to help keep you going strong through your first day at the conference.
Registration required – email email@example.com to reserve your seat today.
Two Practical Use Cases of Artificial Intelligence: Digital Transformation for Credit, Collections, and Cash Application
Monday, October 14, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm – Registration Required
Join us to understand the importance and applicability of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in present-day order-to-cash. In these two sessions, we will discuss the capabilities of AI in transforming your credit and collections functions and how AI can help business teams minimize unidentified deductions and fast track cash application processes for teams today.
Session 1: Artificial Intelligence 101: What’s Under the Hood and How Does it Apply to Credit and Collections
- How AI-enabled credit teams could improve top line growth and customer satisfaction
- How a collector could leverage AI to call the right customer, at the right time with the right information to reduce DSO
- Improving collector’s efficiency through worklist prioritization and dynamic customer segmentation
- Watch a credit analyst perform a credit review in sixty seconds with the help of an AI enabled digital assistant
Session 2: Seven Artificial Intelligence Applications to Champion Cash Application and Deductions Management
- How to move beyond Lockbox and ERPs for 95% Auto-Reconciliation of Checks and e-Payments
- How to resolve 80% of the exceptions automatically using AI
- How to leverage AI to identify and predict the validity of deductions before you even start researching them
If interested in joining, please email Amanda Lynn, Marketing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moving to SAP S/4HANA – What Does This Mean for your Credit Management Team?
Monday, October 14, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm | Snacks/Refreshments Provided – Registration Required
Open to all CRF attendees (no vendors please). Join Serrala for a complimentary educational session about the latest Credit Management functionality available in SAP S/4HANA.
By 2025, all companies using SAP systems will have to move onto the S/4HANA platform. Learn what this means for your credit management team. This session will cover:
- Differences between the credit management functionality available in your existing SAP systems and in SAP S/4HANA
- What will happen with your existing credit management setup in SAP?
- Points to consider and pitfalls to avoid when transitioning to SAP S/4HANA
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Credit Management to maximize the benefits to your company
Do you have specific questions you’d like answered? Submit them with your registration for this complimentary session and we will do our best to answer them during the session.
To register for this session, please email Christiane Hoeninger at email@example.com.
Additional User Group Meeting(s) on Wednesday
The following Industry Partner User Group Meeting(s) are provided for CRF Forum attendees by their individual sponsor.
Federation of Credit and Financial Professionals – National Building Materials Distributor Best Practices Group
Wednesday, October 16 from 1:15 pm to 5:00 pm – Snack included – Separate Registration Required!
Open to Building/Construction Material Distributors. Members are Senior Level Professionals interested in discussing best practices in the Order-to-Cash Discipline. Discuss trends that affect the construction industry with a well known economist!
For questions and/or to register for this session, email session host Yesinne Alvarez at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 646-442-3467
CRF Forum Registration Attendance Policy
Monetary guarantees are provided to the hotel, and materials are produced and shipped 2 weeks prior to each event. Therefore, absolutely NO refunds of registration fees will be allowed unless notification is received in advance of that window. Processing fee of $75 is not refundable. If your registration was part of your membership benefits, please extend us the courtesy of notification!
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
To make your hotel reservation online, CLICK HERE.
Or Reserve by phone: 1-888-789-3090
Request the Group Rate for Credit Research Foundation – $249
Limited space available – Please book your room ASAP!
If you have trouble booking within the room block, please contact Angela McDonald
Daily resort fee of $18/night is included in the guest room rate. The resort fee provides amenities such as high-speed internet access in guest rooms, 24-hour access to fitness center and indoor pool, and more.