CEUs Awarded: 0.5
*Special Pricing Offer – See Below!*
This course offers participants a comprehensive overview of how to prepare for, and best position your company, when customers become financially insolvent or enter into bankruptcy.
Your instructors are 3 principals from the nationally recognized law firm of Cooley LLP: Larry Gottlieb, Jay Indyke and Cathy Hershcopf. Cooley LLP has represented creditors’ committees in many large firms and debtors in successful reorganizations.
This presentation is organized into 7 video sessions with a total runtime of approximately 5 hours. Each session is followed by assessment tests designed to prepare participants for the final exam.
This course covers the following:
- Protecting and Elevating Claims – The Claims Waterfall, Critical Vendors, Goods in Transit, Credit Insurance, Letters of Credit, PACA/PASA/PPFPA Claims, Consignments and Purchase Money Security Interests.
- Material Case Events – Creditors’ Committees, Notices and Case Monitoring, Capital Structure Issues, Financing, Cash Collateral and the Budget, Automatic Stay, “363” Sales, Affirmative Litigation Strategies and Preferences.
- Contracts in Bankruptcy – Enforceability of Agreements in Bankruptcy/Ipso Facto Clauses and Executory Contracts.
- General information regarding Claims in Bankruptcy and Claims Trading.
- Case Exit Strategies – Sharing a Piece of the Bankruptcy Pie, Creative Ways to Provide Distributions to Creditors, the Plan and Disclosure Statement Process, Important Plan Creditor Protections, and Conversion to Chapter7.
- Cross Border Issues – Laws Pertaining to Canada and Working with U.S. and Canadian Courts.
- Outside of Bankruptcy – Prepackaged and Prearranged Bankruptcy Filings, Out of Court Workouts and Collective Creditor Action/Insolvency Filings.
This is an On-Demand Course, allowing students to work independently and at their own pace to accommodate the time demands of busy professionals. Upon concluding the presentation/course material, the participant is required to take a final exam. Those who receive a grade of 70% or higher will receive an electronic “Certificate of Professional Development” from the Credit Research Foundation.
Registration Fees - $375LIMITED TIME OFFER: Now through January 31, 2021
- CRF Member Sale Price: $187.50 (discount code required - contact Angela McDonald for information)
- Non-Member Sale Price: $262.50
Back to the complete listing of CRF Courses