Credit & Accounts Receivable Open Forum & EXPO
Date: August 12th (1/2 day) 13th & 14th (1/2 day) 2013
Prizes from each Exhibitor - CRF will give away $100 to a lucky visitor at each Exhibitors booth.
Many of the Exhibitors will be conducting their own drawings.
To participate bring your business cards!
EXPO & Reception Monday evening plus EXPO & Lunch Tuesday
Click here to register for Forum on-line
Click here to print & FAX registration form
Taking its name from the Dakota word for water and the Greek word for city, Minneapolis, the City of Lakes (22 of them to be exact), truly combines the best of city excitement with stunning natural beauty. With more than 380,000 residents, Minneapolis is the larger of the Twin Cities and is also home to over 170 parks. In fact, every resident lives within six blocks of one! The city is home to the 50-mile Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway (the nation’s premier urban scenic byway), award-winning restaurants and arts venues, and gleaming modern architecture that houses Fortune 500 companies and civic institutions.
Minneapolis Marriott City Center
30 South 7th St
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Experience a downtown Minneapolis hotel ranked in the top 25 US hotels by Trip Advisor!
Enjoy access to top city attractions and upscale shopping from this Minneapolis Metrodome hotel. Located in the heart of the city, this hotel in downtown Minneapolis connects to the skyway system.
For Reservations and to Visit the Hotel
Reservations Toll Free: 1-877-303-0104 or Reservations Local Phone: 1-866-315-9403
Tell them you are registering for the Credit Research Foundation meeting
to get the Group Rate of $182.00 standard room - single or double (+ Tax).
The CRF room block ends July 19, 2013 -
so book NOW!
Marriott has provided a dedicated booking website (see hotel link above
) to make, modify and cancel your hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.
Area Airports The hotel does not provide shuttle service.
Minneapolis-St Paul International Airport - MSP
Hotel is about 10 miles from airport
- Driving directions: Take I-494W to 35W North. Follow Downtown Exit sign, follow 5th Avenue three blocks to 7th Street, turn left on 7th. Hotel is 5 1/2 blocks on right.
- Super Shuttle, fee: 16 USD (one way) reservation required
- Bus service, fee: 2.25 USD (one way)
- Subway service, fee: 2.50 USD (one way)
- Estimated taxi fare: 35.00 USD (one way)
Don't miss this great opportunity to spend a few days with your friends and Experience CRF!
CRF Forum Registration Policy - see bottom of page
- How to do more with less….or why I stopped doing credit, and became a process engineer! - Rick Russell, Executive Director of Customer Financial Services, ABC Supply Co Inc
When I joined ABC Supply 13 years ago, most of our credit processes were manual. Paper aged trial balances, hard copy reports, credit files, written trade references, collection logs and forms documenting approvals were the drivers of the activities of credit personnel. In a high volume, high risk environment, this produced inconsistent results, was very inefficient, and could not support the growth objectives of the company without exponential increases in staffing. I quickly realized that as the Chief Credit Executive, my real challenge would not be making great credit decisions, but rather creating an environment that enabled our associates to make great credit decisions. I will share some of what we did to improve results and accommodate 4 times the sales, and locations, with 33% less staff.
- Customer Centric Billing - Mitch Rose, VP Marketing, Billtrust along with Norma Fetherman, Chief Credit Officer, Allied Building Products / Kelly Bates, Director, Global Credit & Treasury, Chiquita Brands International Inc. & Mike Thelen, Director, Enterprise Customer Financial Services, Land O'Lakes Inc.
Customer Centric Billing is for businesses to view their billing process through a strategic lens where they recognize the importance of meeting the needs of their customers. Customer Centric Billing is a new concept and is extremely important given the dramatic changes taking place in how people want to transact with each other. How they buy…what they buy… where they buy… how they pay. It all has changed.
- EXPO and Reception - Join your colleagues for 2 hours of Exhibits and Networking
- Donald Mulligan, EVP and CFO, General Mills Inc. (details forthcoming)
- Chris Kuehl - Managing Director, Armada Corporate Intelligence
Global Economic Update with an emphasis on the Euro zone and its impact on the American economy, and more specifically, American businesses doing business internationally.
- Managing a Customer in Bankruptcy: How to Defend Your Company Against a Preference - Richard Kulik, CCE, Division Credit Manager, Global Supply Chain / Sherwin-Williams Co.
This presentation will focus on managing a customer’s bankruptcy to minimize loss due to preference while keeping management of your company involved. This will offer pointers on pre bankruptcy actions that affect preference, along with actions suggested during the time immediately following a customer filing bankruptcy.
- EXPO & LUNCH - Join us for an extended lunch and EXPO
- Credit Spectrum for Corporate Analysis - Joshua Mintz, S&P Capital
Credit Analysis and Early Warning Signals - Joshua Mintz, S&P Capital - This session will examine: Credit measures and practices used to perform analysis and surveillance ranging from quantitative and market based point in time measures to more qualitative and potentially through-the-cycle concepts. Also we will discuss recent events in the market that relate to corporate credit deteriorations (e.g. Bankruptcies) as well as trends and potential concerns looking forward.
- Easy Techniques to Quickly Determine Customer Financial Risk - Camilo Gomez, SVP, Quantitative Research, CreditRiskMonitor plus Brenda Jalowiec, Global Director Credit & A/R, Nidec Motor Corporation & Anna Mantel, Credit Manager - U.S. & Canada, A Schulman Inc.
In today’s economic environment Credit pro’s are increasingly concerned with escalating financial risk while facing the challenges of ever shrinking resources. So, how can we quickly assess this risk? By using financial risk scores which can warn of impending financial distress.
This session will review different scores and approaches available for predicting financial distress, their characteristics and trade-offs. This will include those derived from financial statements, as well as those using customer payment performance. We will cover the practical uses and the applicability of these scores for quickly assessing both private and public companies. You will learn how they are used as early warning indicators of financial distress. Each approach has strengths and weaknesses, and we will discuss the different perspectives that each offers.
- CRF Open Forum - Be part of the ORIGINAL Open Forum (often copied/never duplicated)
You set the agenda and ask everyone for assistance with any operational, logistical or best practice questions or concerns you have. Take advantage of this opportunity to get help from a cross section of America's leading credit professionals representing a variety of industries. We'll all help to find a solution.
- Afternoon Various times Systems and Credit Reporting Services User Groups
SAP and Oracle users
Monday morning 8am to noon prior to the Forum, join our dynamic ERP User Groups that focus on the management of credit and AR processes. These meetings are free to all Credit Professional Forum attendees but you MUST register
for them. See below for registration and details. These sessions are for credit professionals and their IT staff only. No vendors please.
Oracle Users Group
- As always, in conjunction with our Forum, CRF will host an Oracle User Group session facilitated by Robin Walker, principal of Caliber Application Services, LLC on Monday morning from 8:00am to 12pm immediately prior to the start of the CRF Forum. The agenda and meeting location will be forthcoming.
Oracle agenda coming soon.
To find out more or to sign-up for this session: email session host
Robin Walker at: email@example.com
SAP Users Group
- SAP User are invited to attend the CRF SAP Users Group meeting ...SAP Users, don't miss this opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this valuable resource. The SAP meeting will take place on Monday morning from 8am to 12pm immediately prior to the start of the CRF Forum.
Click here for SAP session registration
SAP agenda available soon.
Wednesday Afternoon User Groups
The following Wednesday afternoon sessions are provided for the CRF Forum attendees by their individual sponsor and are not affiliated with the Credit Research Foundation.
CreditRiskMonitor User Group
D&B DNBi User Group
- CreditRiskMonitor Users - Don't miss this session
Wednesday August 14, 2013: 1:00 PM -3:30 PM.
THERE IS NO FEE FOR THIS USER GROUP MEETING but registration is limited and admission is for password/contract holders only.
To find out more go to CreditRiskMonitor:
Or email session host Al Carmenini by July 25th to reserve your seat firstname.lastname@example.org
- D&B DNBi Users - Don't miss this session
Wednesday August 14, 2013: 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
THERE IS NO FEE FOR THIS USER GROUP MEETING but registration is limited.
To find out more or to sign-up for this session: email session host
Dave Earickson at: email@example.com
CRF Forum Registration Attendance Policy
Please help us control our meeting costs. Food and beverage commitments are confirmed and guaranteed well in advance of
the Forum. Therefore, if you register, we are guaranteeing your attendance and food commitment to the hotel.
Anyone who registers and does not give us advanced cancellation notice will be charged a fee of $200 for the charges we
Any registration fees paid to CRF for the Forum will not be refunded if you cannot attend; however you can use the registration fee for a future CRF Forum.
If you need to cancel, try to send someone else from your organization.
CRF members entitled to free registrations must still register so that we can make an accurate guarantee.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Back to Top
Join us for another fantastic CRF Forum.
Discounts will be available for more than one person from your company.